Adolescent Orthodontic Treatment
Dr. Marisela Bedoya is a highly trained orthodontist in the Tucson and Green Valley, AZ area. She works hard guiding and educating parents along the path of their child’s orthodontic journey. By offering state-of-the-art treatment, providing informative consultations, and assisting you and your teen throughout the course of treatment, Dr. Bedoya helps create a plan for a perfect smile.
When is the Best Time to Start Treatment?
Between the ages of 11 and 15 is the most common time for orthodontic treatment. By 12, most of, if not all of, the permanent teeth have erupted and are in place. This is when parents can tell whether or not their child should receive orthodontic treatment. At this time, problems such as overbites and spacing issues can be detected.
Today, there are more options for a great smile then there ever were before. We offer many options to fit the individual needs of our patients. Treatment options we offer at Doctor Smiles Orthodontics are as follows:
- Metal Braces: The most common type of braces. Made of high-grade stainless steel, today’s metal braces are smaller, more comfortable, and more attractive.
- Clear Braces: Our clear braces are popular for their cosmetic appeal but are more fragile and the elastic ties can discolor between
- Gold Braces: Popular with patients of all ages, these are stainless steel braces coated with 24-karat gold.
- Wild Braces: Fun braces made of stainless steel and are available in a variety of shapes.
- Invisalign® Teen: An alternative to traditional braces using a clear liner to gradually move teeth.
- Lingual Braces: Braces that are behind your teeth so that they are virtually undetectable when you smile.
Dr. Marisela Bedoya is trained in high quality techniques and procedures and we’re confident that you will be happy with your results. To find out more information, please contact our Tucson orthodontics office today. We look forward to making you a part of our orthodontic family!