Your first visit to an orthodontist’s office is an exciting time. At Doctor Smiles Orthodontics, we are always glad to welcome new patients to our Tucson, AZ office. It's a chance for us to get acquainted and for you to learn which of our orthodontic services—like braces or Invisalign — could improve your smile.
What to Expect
Your first visit will begin by meeting one of our receptionists or patient coordinators who will take some information from you and bring you through the office. Then it's time for a thorough diagnostic examination. During the exam we will evaluate you oral and dental needs so our orthodontist, Dr. Marisela Bedoya, can create your personalized treatment plan. After the exam we may dedicate some time to your diagnostic records. Diagnostic records include X-rays, photos, and impressions for study models, all of which are necessary to develop an appropriate individualized treatment plan. Following that, you and your orthodontist will discuss the best orthodontic treatment options for your needs.
During your first visit we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment:
- Do you have a condition that orthodontic treatment can remedy?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much does treatment cost?
- What are the available payment options?
Once we have addressed these general questions, we encourage you to ask additional questions you may have. We are always happy to talk more in depth about your orthodontic treatment choices, what to expect at different stages of your orthodontic journey, and anything else you wish to talk about further. We are also glad to discuss how to best accommodate your financial needs with one of our payment plans.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
In order for your first visit to run as efficiently as possible, we request that you please bring the following information to our Tucson office with you:
- Any panoramic X-rays taken of your teeth/mouth within the last six months
- Your insurance card if you have orthodontic insurance
- By providing this information during the first visit we will be able to give you an estimate of your final costs
The Next Step
At the end of your first visit to our Tucson, AZ office you’ll have a thorough understanding of how we can help you get the best smile possible. To begin the journey toward that smile, schedule an appointment with us today. We appreciate you choosing Dr. Bedoya as your Tucson, AZ orthodontist. If you need assistance finding our office, or have any questions prior to your first appointment, please contact us; we would be happy to help you. Our team looks forward to seeing you in the office soon!